Wednesday, February 25, 2009

And Away We Go

I think we are finally ready. I am very worried about the whole luggage situation, but after reading numerous blogs of adoptive parents no one has even mentioned luggage and weight being an issue, so I am going to assume it is not. I think we meet the recommended weight for now and who knows what will happen once we are in China and we are allowed to shop. It has been a very emotional day around here. Susie has been crying off and on all day. Once it was time to put the boys in bed and say goodbye (we are leaving the house around 0500, so they will still be asleep) the waterworks started with everyone!! It is very hard to watch the boys get so upset and know there is nothing we can do about it. We know they will be fine and have a blast while we are gone, but it is still tough to get through. We did get both the Skype cameras to work, so hopefully all will function properly on the China end and we will be able to talk with them daily.
I have so many thoughts/emotions running through my head today. Will our flight be alright? Did we pack enough/the right clothes? What will Maeve's reaction be to us? Will she scream for hours that first day? Will the boys be okay here? and on and on and on....
I guess we will just have to see. Okay, well I am off to bed. I will try to post again once we are in Beijing. That will be Friday night for us and Friday morning for the US, so until then....wish us luck!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Best of luck in bringing your baby girl home!

Love, Rich, Kristi, and Kate

jodi said...

I am SO excited for you guys! I will pray for a safe journey! My parents are apparently headed to KC this weekend, something tells me they will help keep the boys busy ;)