Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lake time

Lake season kicked off for us last weekend. My parents have a lake house about one hours drive north of our house. I took the boys up there this past weekend (Susie had to work the whole weekend :( ) . The kids absolutely love it at the lake and they count down the nights until we get to go back again. I also love the lake because it is not only fun, but there is something for the kids to do all the time. We have a two boats, a trampoline, a sandbox, horse-shoe pits, minature pools, an actual community pool, an area for camp-fires and smores and so much more. It is really nice to spend an entire weekend and not hear the words "I'm bored." The highlight of the lake for C is the riding lawnmower. My dad just got a new one too and C views it as I would if he got a new jaguar! He could sit on that thing all day. Also for Christmas this past year, my parents bought the boys a miniature tractor that they can drive themselves. This has been a huge hit with them all. F is a bit too young to get the concept of holding down the pedal in order to move forward, but he likes sitting on it. My aunt and uncle also have a house next door to my parent's place and so it is really nice to hang out with them too. The kids also like going over to their house to see what the "big kids" are doing. Here are some pictures of this past weekend. Don't tell C he was using a toy fishing pole :)

No comments: